Chocolate Peanut or Almond Butter & Coconut No-Bake Cookie
Yields: 10-12 cookies
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut (I used Trader Joes)
2 Tblsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 slightly heaped tsp kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly oil.
2. Add the peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and chocolate chips to a saucepan over
medium heat. Stir frequently until all ingredients are melted and well mixed.
3. While the above mixture is melting and homogenizing, measure out the coconut & cocoa and
top with vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. When peanut butter mix is all ready, add the coconut mixture and turn the heat down to med-
low. Continue to stir until the mixture is thick and cohesive about 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Place 10-12 heaping spoonful’s of the mixture onto prepared cookie sheet.
6. Place in the refrigerator to harden for at least 30 minutes. Store cookies in a covered container
in the refrigerator.
Peanut Butter: almond butter, cashew butter, nut-free butter
Coconut Oil: butter
Maple Syrup: honey or agave
Chocolate Chips: 2 Tblsp cocoa+ 1 ½ Tblsp butter/coconut oil + 2 Tblsp sugar/coconut sugar.
Coconut: rolled oats, raw or toasted