Personal Chef Services
Be a Guest at Your Own Party!
Elegant, Casual, Fun or Theme, we can do everything…
…from Luau’s to Soiree’s and have served from 2 to 350 guests.
See these sample menus and get in the mood to party!
Want to PARTY?
- 919.740.5856 for an initial phone consultation or contact The Food Fairy® here. Should you choose to move forward with The Food Fairy for your event after our initial phone consultation, we will request a credit card deposit of $175. The next step is the customized party and menu planning process often lasting 1 -1/2 to 2 hours or more and done on the phone or occasionally in your home or at the site of the event. This fee is non-refundable and will be applied towards your deposit on the party which is requested after you receive your estimate.
- Meet with your personal chef, ideally at your home or venue, for approximately 90 minutes. Together we will create a party that is Uniquely You! This interview will clarify for you what The Food Fairy® will provide and what you have decided you wish to provide, i.e. ice, wine, plates, platters, decorations, etc. Your Food Fairy will also be available for subsequent meetings if necessary.
- Now, relax and enjoy the party!
What will our PARTY-TIME CHEF SERVICES INCLUDE?
All or some of these services as you have need:
- Planning the details and menu we created during our interview. You will receive an email summary of our meeting; however, for larger and more complex events, such as weddings, you may request a *detailed confirmation letter and complete check-list.
- Shopping at your favorite grocery, co-op or farmer’s market is our pleasure. A party often entails multiple food sources to obtain the freshest and highest quality ingredients.
- Traveling to your kitchen or facility. Although we fairies live in the vicinity of Chapel Hill and Pittsboro, we are happy to fly all over The Triangle region of NC. We will go beyond but you will have to pay to ship us for our wings can’t take the air pressure for such distances.
- Preparation of your party food with our loving attention in your kitchen or on-site at your venue.
- Plattering & Decorating in the colorful and abundant style typical of The Food Fairy®.
- Tented Labels for buffets identifying the dish as well as sensitive ingredients.
- Personalized Menus designed for your event. You can place one at each guest’s place setting or simply have them around for your guests to oogle over in anticipation of the soon to be phenomenal meal!
- Serving and/or refreshing platters and chafing dishes.
- Labeling & Storing the leftovers in your fridge or packing them up to be transported to your home.
- Thoroughly cleaning-up while you relax with your friends and loved ones over a nightcap!
Last Minute Party Planning-What Magic Might We Make Appear For You?
- Planning, Shopping, Traveling, Preparation, Plattering, Decorating, Serving, Labeling & Storing & Thoroughly Cleaning are all still included even if you only give us 8 days notice. There will however be a flat non-refundable $200 fee and a 4-hr minimum for last minute parties.
We also offer these additional services – rental order creation, placement and follow-up with rental company; sous chefs and assistant cooks, bartender’s, flower arranging, detail clean-up crew including mopping, recycling and composting.
Average range on a per-person basis (we do not charge this way but understand this is helpful to you when comparing to traditional caterers): $35-$150 per person depending on services used.
Deposit: 50% of estimate due at the interview and the remainder will be billed. $300 minimum deposit. Refunds are based on timeliness of notice, hours worked and the potential loss of business. Please ask for details.